Yes, we offer COVID testing!
- Our waiting room is now open! Please continue to practice social distancing within the waiting area. Temperature screening is no longer required for entry.
- Per Kentucky mandate, adults and children over age 5 years must wear a facial covering when visiting our office. If you do not have a facial covering, one can be provided..
- We take your safety seriously: all staff are masked and screened daily and all exam rooms and high-touch surfaces undergo a deep cleaning between patients. Hand sanitizer is available and six feet of social distance is enforced.
- If you do not feel comfortable leaving your home, a TeleMed or Curbside visit may be available based on your child’s symptoms; please call our office to inquire.
COVID Testing FAQ:
- We are here to assist with all of your COVID testing needs! Please call our office to schedule an appointment. We will determine whether an in-person or TeleMed visit is needed based on your child’s symptoms and level of exposure.
- TeleMed COVID orders will be fulfilled by Cincinnati Children’s: they offer multiple drive-through testing sites (including Edgewood, KY) and usually schedule patients same- or next-day.
- We can also order Strep or Flu tests in addition to the COVID test using this process.
- COVID tests collected in our office are also sent to Cincinnati Children’s for processing.
- All tests ordered or collected by our providers are PCR (the most accurate method); turnaround time is approximately 24-36 hours; you will receive your results from our staff.
- We DO NOT recommend our patients going to Urgent Care for COVID testing because:
- Their tests may take 3-5 days to result (ours are 24-36 hours)
- They may use Rapid Tests which are less accurate and more expensive
- Their providers do not specialize in pediatrics and are unaware of your child’s medical history
- CCHMC COVID scheduling center (order required): (513) 517-2670.
Well Child Checks
Yes, we are still seeing our patients for checkups!
- We highly recommend that all checkups remain on schedule to ensure your child is growing and developing appropriately and receiving proper vaccination.
- Staying on schedule with vaccination is the best way to keep your child healthy and safe during the pandemic.
- Our office staff will be calling families who may have missed their annual checkups.
- Please feel free to contact our office if you are concerned that your child may have missed a checkup or is due for vaccination–we will be happy to assist you!
- All providers will now be doing 30 month (2 1/2 year) check ups. You will see a special screening tool called Ages and Stages to help screen for any developmental delays.
Yes, we are still seeing patients who are sick or have other health concerns!
- Please call our office per usual protocol to obtain an appointment, many same-day appointments are available!
As always, our primary goal remains to provide the most consistent, timely care for our patients and families. We are still committed to being your child’s medical home despite these unprecedented times!
This page will be updated regularly as the situation evolves; you can also follow us on Facebook for real-time updates.